The Aperol Sprtiz has been around forever but this year it quickly became the 2018 drink of the summer and I'm on board! This is the perfect, quick-and-easy cocktail recipe for any of your party plans. With it's crisp and a semi-bitter taste the Aperol Spritz brings a whole new meaning to refreshing.
What is Aperol?
Originating from Italy, Aperol itself is a a semi-sweet, slightly bitter, 11-percent-alcohol aperitif. The most notable flavors being orange and rhubarb. Aperol is a light liquor, generally served before a meal to stimulate appetite.
How to make the perfect Aperol Spritz:
- 1 chilled bottle of Prosecco
- 1 bottle of Aperol
- 1 chilled bottle of soda water, I use San Pellegrino
- Orange slices
- Ice Cubes
- Large wine glasses
Follow a simple 3:2:1 method for your first drink, from there you can play around with the amount of Prosecco, Aperol, and Soda to get your perfect Aperol Spritz! Everyone has there own preference when it comes to cocktails so you can make this as bitter or sweet as like (though the purpose of this drink is too be more on the bitter side).
- Fill your large wine glass with ice cubes.
- Add 3 parts prosecco, 2 parts Aperol, and a splash of soda water.
- Squeeze the juice from one orange slice and add it to your glass.
- Garnish your drink with an additional orange slice.
Tip: To make this cocktail sweeter, at the more of the juice from an orange. To make it more on the bitter side, add more Aperol & Soda (obviously).