10 Facts About Me
Getting to know me on social media can sometimes be tough, I not one to talk on my IG story all day so sometimes I think it’s hard for yall to really see my personality (I’m working on it though). After doing the questionnaire on Instagram there were a lot of repeat questions, so to make it easy I’ve compiled 10 Facts about me below. If there’s anything else you want to know I’ve left a space for you to leave a question at the end. Thanks for supporting me, you guys rock!
10 FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I’m a Tomboy: This is something a lot of people are either surprised to find out or don’t believe. Growing up I hated wearing dresses, had a bowl cut, and preferred playing sports with the boys. While now I definitely like to express myself more through fashion, I’m still wearing soccer shorts and size XL t’s 90% of the time. I'm pretty laid back, enjoy being outdoors, and didn’t get the nickname “toughy” for no reason.
2. I’m a Scorpio: I am not someone who lives and dies by astrology or signs but I do believe that there is a lot of validity behind it and the best way for me to describe my personality is by letting you know I’m a Scorpio…to a T!
3. I have 5 siblings. I’m the second oldest of 6 kids, 5 girls and 1 lucky boy! I hit the jackpot with my family, honestly thank God all the time for giving me them. We are very dysfunctional but that’s what makes our family so great (and entertaining). Each of us has very strong, but very different personalities, family trips and holidays are always fun & interesting!
4. I’m an 8: If you don’t know what that means you need to take the enneagram test. Without going into too much detail (I’ll do a blog post later) it’s a test that asks you a series of personality questions and at the end you get a full report on your personality: when you’re mentally healthy, how you deal with conflict, what triggers you, etc.
Type 8 description: "Eights are self-confident, strong, and assertive. Protective, resourceful, straight-talking, and decisive, but can also be ego-centric and domineering. Eights feel they must control their environment, especially people, sometimes becoming confrontational and intimidating. Eights typically have problems with their tempers and with allowing themselves to be vulnerable."
5. I’m 5’8. I feel like photos never really show your accurate height because people are always telling me that I’m taller than they thought. Also, I’m pretty sure I’m shrinking because growing up the doctors always told me I was 5’9 and now I’m being told I’m 5’8…so that’s great.
6. I was born in 1988. I’m 29 and turn the big 3-0 this year! Woot Woot! I’m not afraid to get older, I love the life I’ve built for myself and I’m proud of the woman I’ve become. Living a full life takes time and I’m excited to see where the next 30 years take me and my career!
7. I have two tattoos. My first tattoo I got was freshman year of college with one of my best friends Chelsie, it’s a dainty cross on my left ankle for my friend who passed in high school. My second tattoo was my junior year of college, not going to lie I got it super hungover (probably still drunk) with two of my girlfriends. I wasn’t planning on getting at tattoo but I went with them to get theirs and of course thought I had to have one. It’s a bow and it’s stupid and I’ll be getting it removed soon. Sorry dad! (he hates tattoos)
8. I’ve lived all over the US. My dad was in the Army and I was born on Griffiss Air Force Base in Rome, NY. I grew up in Augusta, GA from pre-school to freshman year of high school. My family moved to Iowa when both my older sister and I were in high school, NOT COOL mom and dad! However, looking back now I wouldn’t change it, living in small town Iowa has given me great perspective and values on life. After graduating from UNI with a degree in Kinesiology I lived in Chicago, Minneapolis and then Boulder. Now I live in Nashville, and don’t see myself moving any time soon!
9. I’m Irish and German. Though my dad will tell you they drained out all the German blood when I was born. Also, I get my black hair from him :)
10. I have a collarbone phobia. Look it up, it’s a real thing! I don’t like when people touch my collarbone, touch their own or even talk about collarbones. In fact, I’m getting anxiety just writing about this and I don’t get anxiety about anything else. I have no idea where it came from but I’ve had this freak phobia my whole life.
Have additional questions? Ask me below!
I would love to hear about you too! Let me know in the comments where you're from, your passions, and interests!