Healthy Flourless Banana Bread
Growing up I used to make banana bread muffins with my mom all the time, baking with her as a kid was something I always loved doing, and still do to this day. She’s an incredible cook and I’ve learned everything I know about baking through her, which is something I really cherish.
This recipe however, aint your mamas banana bread recipe. It’s flourless and as “healthy” as I could make it with the ingredients I had in my kitchen. I must say, it tastes pretty damn good! This is a great option for breakfast on the go, or a sweet treat. Enjoy!
3-4 ripe bananas
2 c of old fashioned rolled oats
1/4 c maple syrup
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
dash of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x5 or 8x8 pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. (I tasted the batter to see if it had my desired “banana flavor” and ended up adding a 4th banana)
3. Pour batter into pan, garnish with additional slices of banana, chocolate chips, and oats.
4. Bake for 30-45minutes or until middle is completely cooked. (Place a fork in the middle if it comes out clean it’s done)
5. Let cool and serve!
6. Keep in the refridgerator and enjoy leftovers!
If you try this recipe and like it, please let me know in the comments below!