Bacon & Egg FitMuffins
Bacon & Egg FitMuffin
For those of you who don’t have much time during the workweek to make your meals I’ve got the perfect solution for you! Behold, the Bacon & Egg FitMuffin! This is one of my favorite breakfast items because you can literally grab them and go, no fuss. And, because BACON.
Another nice thing about this recipe is that it’s basically fool proof, meaning those of you who say you “can’t cook”, you CAN! Feel free to play around the ingredients, if you don’t eat meat you can double down on veggies to fit your nutritional preference.
- 12 eggs
- 1/2-1 cup of bacon bits depending on your love for bacon :)
- ½ chopped yellow onion
- 1/3 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4tsp black pepper
- 1/4tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degress. Lightly spray 12 count muffin pan.
2. In a large skillet, heat bacon, onions and peppers in 1Tbsp coconut oil. Cook for about 5min or until onion softens.
3. In a large bowl mix eggs, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cheese.
4. Place a spoonful of bacon mix into each muffin cup. (if you have some left over that’s ok!) Pour egg mix into muffin tins on top of bacon mix. Fill each muffin cup almost to the top.
5. Bake for 20-25min or until egg is cooked through. Once they cool you can store them in the refridgerator and heat throughout the week at around 20-30 seconds.
TIP: I like to cook everything in bulk because it makes less work for me through out the week. With the extra bacon mix I was able to keep it in the refridgerator and use it in an egg skillet and with spaghetti squash! Get creative with your food, eating healthy doesn’t mean borning!!
If you try the recipe and like it, post it and let me know! Tag me or use the hashtag #cookingwithcolleen.